You are here
AMS Soil Auger Field Kit
Save money with the new, no fuss, 3 1/4" Soil Auger Field Kit!
This kit is ideal because of its simplicity. Available in the 5/8" threaded connection only, the kit comes complete with one regular auger, one 4' extension, and a 16" rubber-coated cross handle. You can't get much simpler than that!
5/8" Threaded Quantity
400.14 3 1/4" Regular Auger Kit
AMS soil augers are commonly used for obtaining disturbed samples at or near the surface and for boring to depths where samples may be obtained with a soil sampler or soil core sampler. AMS augers are available in all stainless steel for EPA testing or carbon steel bits with stainless steel cylinders for general soil sampling and augering.
They are perfect for augering shallow depths, but AMS soil augers can also auger to deeper depths and are generally limited by only the time and muscle of the user. Users have recorded going over 100 ft using the AMS soil augers in a variety of soil conditions! But, if you want to speed up the process and rest your muscles, AMS offers powered options as well.
• Most AMS augers are available with a threaded or a Quick Connect connection.
• A rounded bail for added torque resistance.
• Stainless steel cylinder for easier decontamination.
• Specially formed bits that dig and cut through the soil at the same time for easy penetration.
• Cut hole up to 1/4" larger than the cylinder to minimize drag.
• Most auger models are available in stainless steel (SST) for environmentally critical sampling and easier decontamination.
• Powered options are available.